The Magic Lantern (TML) has been published four times a year since 2014, offering a lively mixture of Society news, current events in the world of the projected image and research-based articles on every aspect of optical history.
Society members receive each issue by post as soon as it is published. The issues are also created as PDF files, which are available here for searching, viewing and downloading.
The eight most recent issues are only available to Society members (sign in to the Members’ Area for access), while earlier issues are made available to all.
Latest issue: No. 30 (March 2022)
- » Richard Crangle, The Noakes 'Quad': found at last!
- » Magic Lantern Society notice board
- » Mary Ann Auckland, Betwixt and Between
- » The magic lantern within
- » Herman Bollaert, Feux pyriques ('Chinese fireworks'): part 2 – other 'artificial fireworks'
- » Richard Feltham, From the new Chair
- » Peter Gillies, Welfare of the hop pickers
- » Mary Ann Auckland, Book review: Projections lumineuses: Molteni, Radiguet et Massiot successeurs, 2 – vues et conférences
- » Yoriko Iwata, A happy gathering at the Kyoto Toy Film Museum
- » Martin Gilbert, Obituary: Patricia Gilbert (1941-2022)
- » Why not join us on Facebook?
- » Mary Ann Auckland, 46th Annual General Meeting of the Magic Lantern Society: London, 22 January 2022
- » George Auckland, Zooming towards Christmas ... again
Search for items in: TML only TML and NMLJ
Browse all issues of TML: