The Magic Lantern (TML) has been published four times a year since 2014, offering a lively mixture of Society news, current events in the world of the projected image and research-based articles on every aspect of optical history.
Society members receive each issue by post as soon as it is published. The issues are also created as PDF files, which are available here for searching, viewing and downloading.
The eight most recent issues are only available to Society members (sign in to the Members’ Area for access), while earlier issues are made available to all.
Latest issue: No. 31 (June 2022)
- » Mike Smith, A mystery piece
- » Magic Lantern Society notice board
- » Adrian Kok and Else Flim, Charles Dickens and the magic lantern in his works: and the combination in the Dutch Dickens Theatre, Laren. Part 1
- » Richard Feltham, From the Chair
- » Martin Gilbert, The magic lantern within
- » Terry Borton and Deborah Borton, Borton Collection goes to the Lucas Museum
- » Mary Ann Auckland, Book review: Show people portrayed
- » Mary Ann Auckland, Glass magic
- » Stephanie Delazeri, Devilish conjurings in the City of Angels
- » Richard Crangle, The magic lantern in leisure, entertainment and popular culture: final conference of the B-magic project – Brussels and Antwerp, 4-7 May 2022
- » Mary Ann Auckland, Special extended spring meeting of the Magic Lantern Society: Birmingham, Saturday 30 April to Sunday 1 May 2022
Search for items in: TML only TML and NMLJ
Browse all issues of TML: